Custom Search

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

I got a call early in the morning from my cousin who's in the other side of the world. Ecstatic and uber joyed, blabbering her thanks for the amazon kindle I sent her for Thanksgiving, with a specific message saying it covers all the other holidays ie. Christams, New Year, Three Kings and Valentines day which of course made her laugh out loud.

She was so very pleased with her gift, and asked me for the nth time what I wanted in return. I murmured a 'nothing you can send me' in my sleep induced state which made her more adamant in asking what it is I wanted. A half smile formed on my lips and said teasingly, I want Edward Cullen. I almost fully awaken myself by the sound of my bubbly giggle, for it left her dumbfounded, not truly knowing who or what an Edward Cullen is. Realization dawned on her and I heard a loud shriek on the other end of the line, clearly, now she know who it was I was referring to.

The call ended with a light banter and me finally acquiescing for her to send me the Anita Blake books I seem to have trouble finding here, and throw in the Jacqueline Carey ones to complete my collection, so that I could finally start reading...

I got up shortly, got dressed and decided to spend the day gallivanting, in the true spirit of Black Friday.... I went out shopping...

No comments: